2015 Kentucky Derby

Comments

• Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Derby Starter Tencendur:
  • WORKOUT: Firing Line (4/25/15):
    Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan Comments On Firing Line:
  • Am I the only one who noticed that Dortmund was the same color as the Santa Anita dirt track? LOL
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited April 2015
    American Pharoah will keep special foot plate in Derby
    by Jay Privman Daily Racing Form 04/25/2015 2:50PM
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. – American Pharoah has been racing and training with a plate covering part of the sole of his left front foot, and on Saturday, trainer Bob Baffert said he would keep that plate in place for the Kentucky Derby, in which American Pharoah is expected to be the favorite.
    http://www.drf.com/news/preview/american-pharoah-will-keep-special-foot-plate-derby
    Barbara Livingston PHOTO
    Interesting footwear for Derby fav American Pharoah.
  • Jose Ortiz on The Kentucky Derby:
  • American Pharoah will keep special foot plate in Derby
    by Jay Privman Daily Racing Form 04/25/2015 2:50PM
    LOUISVILLE, Ky. – American Pharoah has been racing and training with a plate covering part of the sole of his left front foot, and on Saturday, trainer Bob Baffert said he would keep that plate in place for the Kentucky Derby, in which American Pharoah is expected to be the favorite.
    http://www.drf.com/news/preview/american-pharoah-will-keep-special-foot-plate-derby
    Barbara Livingston PHOTO
    Interesting footwear for Derby fav American Pharoah.
    I wonder why...?
  • If I remember correctly AP had a bone bruise that kept him out of the Breeder's Cup Juvenile.
  • So... here we go..
    Starting tomorrow connections will be arriving in kentucky. We will start getting an idea about who takes to the track and who doesnt. We`ll hear whispers of those that are on the feed and those that are off. we`ll hear the whispers if we listen.
    This might be the time we could have a little fun and build an up and down tilt just for shytes and giggles.
    So far the pharo has done no wrong and looks to be the clear favorite...likely at 5/2.
    Should we start with the Pharo.??..lets do and beat him later..So..
    1--American Pharoah
    2--
    3--
    4--Danzig moon
  • Bullet bob is left with first move.. He knows he has a queen on the board, but lost a pawn when lucky dane went down.
    Pletcher just wants to get Carpe home and doesnt like to be behind the cue ball..Baffert is short and has asked what?
    Pletcher sends Stanford...he must compromise the pharo`s chance and hopes he can beat Dortmund straight up..
    Does anyone here think that Carpe can beat the big dork straight up?
    I do.....
  • Everyone else is watching...and waiting...
  • I like that you have Danzig Moon up there. He looks great on the track at Churchill and hes shown up in his races
  • Now its bob`s turn ...left short he has to decide if he`ll let the lead go or chase it. This is the moment he has dreaded since he found two in the race that are clear favs.
    This is the moment the make all sport.
    Do you look in the eye of the people who pay your bills and say best of look, or do you look at a persons shoes and wish luck.
    Pletcher holds the stronger hand and we get to see if he can win.i play and dont believe Pletcher can play the game I just laid out...so left with playing the shark that smells blood in his opponent.
    Next..I`ll find the foe more then willing to upset this little game of chess.
  • Lets turn our attention Ken and Sarah..
    They are running the star...what about the star? what about Ken and sarah...
    This is the top of the puppy mill. they want this race..but it will not be a home bred and I`ll be betting they dont get what they want.
  • Firing line...
    He ran the easiest route to the derby and leaves one to ask why. The simple answer is get in... more important is why would you leave yourself short.
    Answer...any given day.. you are out.
  • Lets move east and north ...Why these people race in the cold and ice is a mystery to me and gives me no comfort in the old saying..thru ice snow sleet and rain...it just convinces me those people are morons...However...I am not a moron and see three horses coming from the north that will put a shank in the derby outlook.
  • Gosh i wish I could say my little buddy could get up and upset this field. You know that wont happen and I need know it wont .
    Moving on...
    There is a monster from the far east that has intention of winning this race. He doesnt care that the american horse are brilliant or that the american cant see...he comes to have fun and race and may be the winning condition that first week in may...I think so ...which is good enough for me.
  • so.. what about home breds..?? It was once the cornerstone ..Not anymore? We`ll bet and continue the tread down and sit wondering why.
    If the people who count find that the gambler is he ugly part of any race or any park, maybe the sport can move forward.
  • Went a sidesways. the derby can do that.

What do you think?
  • Regal Bloodlines 2015 Kentucky Derby Top 10 List:

A Top 10 list based on a mixture of pedigree, racing talent, and pace scenario.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/04/25/regal-bloodlines-2015-kentucky-derby-top-10/
  • KY Derby: Zayats and Baffert on American Pharoah:
  • KetaKeta Member
    Bolo, Dortmund, and Firing Line Arrived Safe & Sound
    Leavin’ On A Jet Plane
    San Diego Horse Race Sunday April 26 2015
    The Southern California contingent was up and adam early this morning, leaving for Ontario International Airport at 1:30am. They hopped on a plane and arrived at Louisville just before noon. then it’s a 30-minute van ride over to Churchill Downs. Dortmund will lodge in Bob Baffert’s #33 barn, Firing Line will be in barn #42, Bolo in barn #45 and Stellar Wind in barn #43.
    http://sdhorserace.com/2015/04/26/derby-doings-for-4-26-15-american-pharoah-wows-em-with-work/#more-19848
  • Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015:
  • Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House:
  • KetaKeta Member
    This is one of a series of interviews. See sidebar area for the others.
    Aaron Vercruysse Talks Derby: Joe Talamo
    Xpressbet Published on Apr 25, 2015
    Joe Talamo wants revenge in derby! Here is his War Story

• Aaron Vercruysse talks Derby: Mike Smith: