Rachel's Valentina

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    are you sure it was the same track? Chili is at Oaklawn, don't think Val is....bur I could be wrong
  • Val is in Palm Beach, Palm Beach Downs. Jackson is at Oaklawn.
  • Yes, I agree. Very unfortunate indeed. But it won't make such a difference after this year because there are more races open to 4-year olds, or even 3-year olds and up. I think, or am I totally confused? Didn't sleep enough last night. haha
  • And unfortunate for Land Over Sea.
    Yes, I agree. Very unfortunate indeed. But it won't make such a difference after this year because there are more races open to 4-year olds, or even 3-year olds and up. I think, or am I totally confused? Didn't sleep enough last night. haha
  • Val is in Palm Beach, Palm Beach Downs. Jackson is at Oaklawn.
    Sorry, I stand corrected. Did not read the complete post.
  • No worries! I was just clarifying.
    Val is in Palm Beach, Palm Beach Downs. Jackson is at Oaklawn.

• No worries! I was just clarifying.
    Val is in Palm Beach, Palm Beach Downs. Jackson is at Oaklawn.

All is cool. I do tend to get in a hurry and just skim over what I am reading.
  • Maybe I missed something but does anyone know why they've been so slow to get her back racing? Is she pointing towards the Oaks?
  • KMMKMM Member
    She had a long break.
  • Maybe I missed something but does anyone know why they've been so slow to get her back racing? Is she pointing towards the Oaks?
    If she is, she'd better get a move on. It's almost April and the point races are close to being over. Right now she is #36 on the list with 8 points.

She's nominated to the Central Bank Ashland Stakes at Keeneland (so is Songbird, but she might go in the Santa Anita Oaks), the Gulfstream Oaks, and the Gazelle (Aqueduct). Nominations for the Fantasy (Oaklawn) aren't available yet. She was not nominated to the Santa Anita Oaks. I'll get to see her if she runs at Keeneland.
  • I saw on Twitter this morning the the plan is for her to go to the Ashland next, but not from Stonestreet or Pletcher. That would mean she'll meet up with Cathryn Sophia though, which is no easy task.
  • The Ashland is a good race. It's also very convenient for the KY Oaks conenders. She could be stabled at Keeneland for the duration and ship to Churchill Downs, or she could be stabled at Churchill and ship to Keeneand. It's only an hour and the two tracks ship back and forth all the time.
  • It's true! What a race this is going to be! I'd say that Cathryn Sophia, Rachel's Valentina, and Carina Mia are going to be some of Songbird's toughest competition in the Kentucky Oaks.

http://www.keeneland.com/racing/keeneland-barn-notes-rachels-valentina-joins-probable-central-bank-ashland-cast
  • Bloodhorse.com just posted that Rachel's Valentina and Cathryn Sophia are expected for the Ashland. Wow, that should be some race. All of central Kentucky will be there to see her if she runs. And since it is Blue Grass day perhaps we can get it on tv here in race car land.
  • Ha! All of central Kentucky is there anyway. Bluegrass Day is always packed. There are busloads of college kids as well as everyone else.
  • RV had a work today. 5F 1.00:62 Breezing.
  • Here's a bit more info. Looking forward to her first start of the year.

Rachel's Valentina (3-Year-Old Filly)

Date: April 2, 2016
    Track: PALM BEACH DOWNS
    Distance: Five Furlongs
    Time: 1.00:62 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
    RV had a work today. 5F 1.00:62 Breezing.
  • BuddyBuddy Member
    Just watched the Ashland online. Val and Cathryn Sophia battled it out in the stretch and Val came out ahead, but Weep No More came out of nowhere and beat them to the wire.
  • A beautiful effort from little Val. Gutsy...nobody saw weep no more coming from the outback..great race.
    Feel this will do RV very well going forward.
  • She has a hell of a lot of heart!
  • Amazing race! Rachel's Valentina really had a lot of guts in this race. I don't think she'll ever catch Songbird in the Oaks but she is a very special filly.
  • I agree with you all. None of them saw Weep No More coming. Also, don't think Songbird needs to worry about any of these but it was a nice race for Valentina and CS. Just hope Val came out okay.
  • Now that Songbird is out of the Oaks, I'll be pulling for RV. I was pulling for her with my heart already but couldn't do it with my head. Good luck baby Rachel!
  • Same here. As much as it kills me that Songbird is out of the Oaks, now I can go all in on rooting for Rachel's Valentina.