Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Thanks SallyT. If you get any pics of him, I would love them!
  • KMMKMM Member
    In his most recent show, he came in 3rd at Jim Mckay sprint stakes at Gulfstream.
  • According to the race card for Race 8 at Saratoga, Off The Tracks by Curlin is out of Havre de Grace.

I don't know where to find post times for future races listed. I'm checking back periodically at Saratoga. They are about to have Race 7, so I guess Race 8 will be about 45 minutes to an hour from now.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks VA for heads up. She was my choice.
  • VA_in_CA said:

According to the race card for Race 8 at Saratoga, Off The Tracks by Curlin is out of Havre de Grace.

I don't know where to find post times for future races listed. I'm checking back periodically at Saratoga. They are about to have Race 7, so I guess Race 8 will be about 45 minutes to an hour from now.

Off the Tracks is actually out of Harve de Grave, not Havre de Grace (the Horse of the Year). I and many other people have been just as confused by that.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Posted scratch in Horseplayers.
  • The handicappers are picking Kareena in that race. Her sire is Medaglia D'Oro. Uh oh. There's also a Bernardini filly, Lewis Bay. (I hope she is a bay. hahaha)
  • Post time for Race 8 (The Test) is 5:06 Eastern, Race 7 had a thrilling finish--photo for the first 3. There were about 2 inches between first and third. Wow.
  • SarahSarah MaineMember
    Taylor Made is at the Saratoga Race Course right now! So great to follow.
  • Wow. Race 8 was pretty exciting, too. What an upset. The winner paid 55 to 1. Yoicks. Kareena didn't even make the boards. Off The Tracks at least got 3rd. How can anyone make any money betting on horse races?
  • I hope Sally got some good pictures. Frosted was pretty impressive. He ought to be a factor in The BC Classic.

In the final race, The De La Rose, the winner, Lady Lara, won nicely, and she is in foal. Impressive. They didn't say who the stud is, but she's Irish, so she probably came here to be bred, so it's a good guess that he is American.
  • KMMKMM Member
    She has been in U.S. racing since October 2014.
  • VA_in_CA said:

In the final race, The De La Rose, the winner, Lady Lara, won nicely, and she is in foal. Impressive. They didn't say who the stud is, but she's Irish, so she probably came here to be bred, so it's a good guess that he is American.

She's in foal to Uncle Mo.

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2016
    Here's the Whitney; (a "win & you're in" for Breeders Cup)
    WIN-FROSTED

Before

Stretch-ALL ALONE

After

Place-Comfort

Before

Stretch

Show-Upstart

Before

Stretch

• KMMKMM Member
    As usual, very great! Thanks SallyT.
  • Beautiful pictures, Sally. Thanks.

Frosted's dappling is looking great. Is it my imagination, or do they look like fivr-point stars. Stars for the star.

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2016
    Of the 5 stakes races today at Saratoga, 3 were run on turf- Saratoga has an outer dirt track, then inside of that, a turf course called the Mellon Turf, and then another turf course inside of the Mellon. It's tough to get pics of races on the turf and inner turf. Here's one of the "Test" (grade1 ) for 3 YO fillies, which was the only other stakes race run on the main (dirt) track today.

TEST

Stretch

Won by #1 Paola Queen

Place #5 Lightstream

Show # 7 Off the Tracks

• Here's a pic of the stretch run of the Fasig-Tipton Lure Stakes for 4 YO & up 1 1/16 miles
    Won by #1 Shining Copper
    Place #9 Jay Gatsby
    Show # 7 Full Mast

• KMMKMM Member
    :)
  • Beautiful pictures, Sally. Thanks.

Frosted's dappling is looking great. Is it my imagination, or do they look like fivr-point stars. Stars for the star.

I thought his coat looked spectacular! I selected his "before" photo above because I thought it showed his dapples off so nicely. I agree, they do look like stars!
  • I went to see the Lipizzan Stallions on Sunday-since it was in VT, not Saratoga, I posted pics in the Rare & Unfamiliar Horse Breeds! thread if anyone is interested.
  • Sally, I hope you can get to the Hall of Fame Party at Saratoga.
  • VA_in_CA said:

Sally, I hope you can get to the Hall of Fame Party at Saratoga.

I certainly plan on it! Got my ticket, and will stop by the "Belles of the Ball" party afterwards, too. If you can't make it to the party-the Museum will be streaming the ceremony live !
    https://www.racingmuseum.org/event/hall-fame-induction-ceremony-0
  • Thank you again Sally for the fantastic pics from Saratoga. Frosted is spectacular! Love how he is graying! Have fun at the big party on Friday. I will be watching the big event on my I Pad. :-)
  • Sally, I meant to ask, where in VT were the Lipizzaner Stallions? I would guess Burlington. I saw them decades ago in Savannah, GA, if memory serves me right. Marvelous creatures.