Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• Came across this video of the Hall of Fame Ceremony from last week-it seems complete.
    http://www.twcnews.com/nys/capital-region/saratoga-racing/2016/08/12/racing-hall-of-fame-class-of-2016-induction-ceremony.html
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited August 2016
    Did not see it, but he is a steady Eddie and a handsome boy, like his half Sib Delauney. They are both built like my mare Flying, long and rangy. Both stakes winners for their stakes winning dam, Perilous Night, now deceased. Wish I had some shots. Thanks SallyT.
  • KetaKeta Member
    RACE REPLAY: 2016 Alabama Stakes Featuring Songbird
    TVG Network Published on Aug 20, 2016
    Songbird improves to 10-for-10 with a romp in the 2016 Alabama Stakes
    Saturday at Saratoga.

• KetaKeta Member
    Scott Hazelton ‏@ScottTVG August 20 2016
    Only in Saratoga - Horse Racing Heaven

• SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2016
    SONGBIRD was AMAZING-a pure joy to watch! I had a paddock pass yesterday but opted not to use it for the Alabama due to the extreme shadows there, so late in the day. Completely lucked out when I staked out my rail position when they headed to the paddock. I was right in front of where the gate ended up. ( It wasn't placed until shortly before the post.) Unfortunately, between the outrider positioned on my left, and the groundskeeper who stood directly in front of me after the race had started, my view was cut off as she passed me . :'( (But I got the break, and still got some shots as she approached down the stretch)

Before

During

After

• KetaKeta Member
    Sally T
    Great shots-as are so many you have posted on this Discussion.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
    This has been and is a fun & informative one.

Keta
  • Thanks Keta! And also, a big THANK-YOU for your video posts. (I don't know how to do that.)
    Keta said:

Sally T
    Great shots-as are so many you have posted on this Discussion.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
    This has been and is a fun & informative one.

Keta

• Once again...Great photos of Songbird @SallyT!
  • Gosh, Sally, what great pictures. Thank you! Saratoga is still on my "bucket list" but I better hurry because the bucket has a leak!! ;)
  • KMMKMM Member
    Thanks SallyT!
  • Thanks PG. I don't if I'll get back there again this summer or not, so it may be may last entry? Not planning on going to the Traver's this year, but hey, you never know !

Once again...Great photos of Songbird @SallyT!

• Don't feel bad, bigherbie. In the years in which I was age 5 until I left home at 22, I spent every summer in VT, not far from where Sally lives, and actually closer to Saratoga, and never went to the racetrack. That's because I had no way to get there except with my parents, who were not "into" horses. Oh, we did get over to Saratoga a time or two; but we only visited the Revolutionary War Battlefield.
  • bigherbie, I'm very sorry to hear your bucket is leaking-I hope you can plug the leaks and make it up next summer! ( I can't find my bucket half the time-I'm constantly misplacing it.)
    bigherbie said:

Gosh, Sally, what great pictures. Thank you! Saratoga is still on my "bucket list" but I better hurry because the bucket has a leak!! ;)

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    hey bigherbie....you need some of that flex steel stuff you spray on to plug the leaks...lol
  • KetaKeta Member
    TRAVERS DRAW LIVE TONIGHT
    Teresa Genaro @BklynBckstretch August 23, 2016
    If you are interested in such things, the Travers draw will be streamed live tonight at 6 pm at http://www.twcnews.com

Travers Stakes 2016: Odds and Analysis
    Zipze At The Track August 23, 2016
    Travers 2016 is Saturday, August 27th!
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Travers_Stakes_2016_Odds_a
  • KetaKeta Member
    From the article:
    Exaggerator Draws Post Seven Of 14 In Travers Stakes
    by Paulick Report Staff | 08.23.2016 |
    The full field is listed here in post position order, along with morning-line odds courtesy of Travis Stone.
    1 Arrogate 10-1 (Mike Smith)
    2 American Freedom 6-1 (Rafael Bejarano)
    3 My Man Sam 20-1 (Manny Franco)
    4 Governor Malibu 12-1 (Joel Rosario)
    5 Forever d'Oro 30-1 (Luis Saez)
    6 Anaximandros 50-1 (Leonel Reyes)
    7 Exaggerator 3-1 (Kent Desormeaux)
    8 Destin 10-1 (Javier Castellano)
    9 Gift Box 12-1 (Junior Alvarado)
    10 Connect 4-1 (John Velazquez)
    11 Majesto 30-1 (Ricardo Santana, Jr.)
    12 Creator 15-1 (Irad Ortiz, Jr.)
    13 Laoban 15-1 (Jose Ortiz)
    14 Gun Runner 10-1 (Florent Geroux)
    *American Freedom races with Blinkers Off, Majesto races with Blinkers On

• KMMKMM Member
    What a huge field!
  • Blood Horse: Tepin: While Casse never thought a little rest and relaxation would dull the 5-year-old mare's edge, the Canadian Hall of Famer certainly breathed easier after getting a reminder of what she is capable of during a stellar four-furlong workout in :47.04 in company with graded stakes-winning stablemate Airoforce on
    the Saratoga Race Course turf training track Aug. 23.
  • It doesn't sound like she'll be racing at Saratoga though. If anyone hears otherwise, let me know. She would definitely be worth a special trip over!
    bigherbie said:

Blood Horse: Tepin: While Casse never thought a little rest and relaxation would dull the 5-year-old mare's edge, the Canadian Hall of Famer certainly breathed easier after getting a reminder of what she is capable of during a stellar four-furlong workout in :47.04 in company with graded stakes-winning stablemate Airoforce on
    the Saratoga Race Course turf training track Aug. 23.

• KMMKMM Member
    It sounds like next race is at Woodbine against the boys.
  • KetaKeta Member
    NYRA tweet ‏on Wed. August 24 2016
    Mr. Maybe was Mr Right! @IradOrtizJr rides home in the John's Call to give Chad Brown his 1,000 Career Victory!

Adena Springs Farm ‏@AdenaSprings Wed. August 24 2016
    Fitting that Chad Brown gets win #1,000 with the Ghostzapper son Mr. Maybe in today $100,000 Johns Call S. at #Saratoga! #Congratulations

• That's actually really sweet. So fitting that it was a Ghostzapper son.