Saratoga Race Course

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    Communication Breakdown: Castellano, Agent Parting Ways
    by Paulick Report Staff | 08.25.2016
    Javier Castellano, Eclipse Award winning jockey the past three years, is splitting with longtime agent Matt Muzikar at the end of the current Saratoga meet, Daily Racing Form reported on Wednesday.
    “Any relationship needs good communication,” Castellano was quoted as saying, “and we didn't have it; that's part of the problem.”
    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/communications-breakdown-castellano-agent-parting-ways/
    From article:
    The communication issue apparently came to a head over Castellano's mount in Saturday's Travers. Daily Racing Form reports Castellano gave leading trainer Chad Brown a commitment to ride Gift Box in the race, but trainer Todd Pletcher named Castellano on Belmont Stakes runner-up Destin.
  • RACE REPLAY: 2016 Travers Stakes Featuring Arrogate:
  • Holy CRAP what a race! Arrogate just smashed the track record of 2:00.00 for 1 1/4 set by General Assembly in 1979. What an absolutely FREAKISH performance from Arrogate. That was seriously, seriously impressive.
  • Wow, wow, wow! What a horse! Fast and gorgeous.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    it was Arrogate's 4th win in a row....we should have known....and he had Mike aboard
  • That was an insane race from Arrogate! I can't wait until the Classic. Shame about Exaggerator. He really won't shake off the "slop horse" criticism now, although I know he didn't train well over the Spa's surface regardless.
  • Lioness said:

That was an insane race from Arrogate! I can't wait until the Classic. Shame about Exaggerator. He really won't shake off the "slop horse" criticism now, although I know he didn't train well over the Spa's surface regardless.

I didn't think Exaggerator looked like himself throughout the race, so I hope he didn't injure himself. It could just be that he didn't like the track, but that was a very disappointing run from him. I just hope he comes out of it okay.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
    By Claire Novak, The Blood-Horse August 27, 2016
    What a difference a year makes for Bob Baffert.
    Last season the Hall of Fame trainer saw Triple Crown winner American Pharoah defeated for the first time in his 3-year-old campaign by Keen Ice, with a brutal beat in the Travers Stakes (gr. I).
    This year Baffert showed up with Juddmonte's Arrogate—a colt previously untested in graded stakes competition—and blew the 3-year-old division apart with the fastest Travers performance in history, and a new track record for 1 1/4 miles at Saratoga Race Course.
    With Mike Smith in the irons, Arrogate set quick fractions and then opened up by daylight off the final turn. The son of Unbridled's Song blazed under the wire in a final time of 1:59.36.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/214577/arrogate-blazes-to-travers-record
  • Ditto-that was Amazing!

Holy CRAP what a race! Arrogate just smashed the track record of 2:00.00 for 1 1/4 set by General Assembly in 1979. What an absolutely FREAKISH performance from Arrogate. That was seriously, seriously impressive.

• I went crazy...
    I played destin..all in....
    Arrogate was freaking me
    AF was a wild card.
    Playing Destin as a key, and exaggerator not to beat me.I played the two at 10. against each other and Laoban.
    Kept looking at Arrogate. Used in the sp with Destin. Ex, and connect.
    Kept looking.
    Baffert freaks me out. Can travel, yet has had his share of problems at Sar.
    Arrogate was freaking me out
    Settled on the idea that Bob knew what he was doing and played American freedom and Arrogate to beat my pick, Destin....at the last I finally added the box...I didnt want to lose....I got Arrogate over AF and walk to the bank as if I know what I`m doing , even though my pick was Destin.
  • KMMKMM Member
    There was an article by Haskin, I think, a long article contemplating that Destin had matured, and might show up. Then late, very late, the handicappers were talking about Arrogate. Wish I had gone with the late intuition.
  • Arrogate has received a preliminary Beyer Speed Figure of between 122-123. Unbelievably impressive.
  • KMMKMM Member
    He doesn't have enough graded races under his belt, but may end up being best of his class, in reality.
  • KMM said:

He doesn't have enough graded races under his belt, but may end up being best of his class, in reality.

If he pulls off a win in the Breeders' Cup Classic, he could very well win 3yo of the year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    It will be a contest for 3 year old male dirt horse, definitely!
  • So Exaggerator scoped dirty this morning, which completely explains his poor performance yesterday. He had some mucus in his lungs and it looks like he inhaled a lot of dirt. I'm just glad he's okay though and that it's not worse.
  • I did pick Arrogate because of his recent winning record and because they said he had never competed in a field bigger than 5. But Mike Smith was his jockey, and I knew he would take care of the latter issue. He would just put Arrogate in front so he wouldn't have to be bothered by all the rest of the huge field. And Mike did that, and it worked. But I don't bet, so it didn't do my finances any good. hahaha I didn't foresee the speed, however. That was incredible. Very enjoyable race to watch.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Mike Smith & friends celebrating at Church's in Saratoga
    15 Church ‏@15ChurchSt on Sat. August 27 2016
    After an exciting #TraversDay, we were honored to have Mike Smith @ljlmvel @AaronGryder & @DraydenV dine with us!

• KetaKeta Member
    This is out of sequence-but here is the King's Bishop Stakes
    Mike Smith, jockey
    RACE REPLAY: 2016 King's Bishop Stakes
    Featuring Drefong

TVG Nework Published on Aug 27, 2016
    Drefong wins the 2016 King's Bishop Stakes Saturday at Saratoga.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Arrogate’s Travers victory earns Brisnet.com’s Highest Rating Ever
    By: Twinspires.com on August 30, 2016
    Arrogate won the $1.25-million Travers Stakes on Saturday August 27, at Saratoga Race Course. In doing so, he not only defeated the top 3-year-olds of 2016 but also all other horses who have raced since January 1, 1990, when Brisnet.com started assigning Speed Ratings to races.
    http://www.twinspires.com/blog/2016/8/30/arrogate’s-travers-victory-earns-brisnetcom’s-highest-rating-ever
  • Dead Heat in the 2016 Spinaway Stakes Race Replay
    The New York Racing Association, Inc. Published on Sep 3, 2016
    DEAD HEAT Sweet Loretta inside Pretty City Dancer outside
  • Ray Paulick ‏@raypaulick Sept 3 2016
    Paulick Report News Alert:
    Tapit Daughters Pretty City Dancer, Sweet Loretta Dead Heat In Spinaway:
    http://gr8.com/r/WQWHf/E/0KWf
  • DEAD HEAT Sweet Loretta inside Pretty City Dancer outside
    125th running of the Spinaway at #Saratoga @TheNYRA

• Shaman Ghost - 2016 Woodward Stakes
    The New York Racing Association, Inc. Published on Sep 3, 2016
    Ghostzapper's Shaman Ghost wins the Woodward