Judy The Beauty

124»

Comments

• Such a pretty girl. A much more accurate picture of what she looks like. None of us are at our best after just giving birth :)
  • KMMKMM Member
    She still has a thickened up neck; sort of unusual for mares, and that is why she reminded me of Terlingua, dam of Storm Cat.
  • Champion Judy the Beauty thriving as broodmare: http://www.drf.com/news/champion-judy-beauty-thriving-broodmare
  • Rats. They should have had a picture to go with that story about Judy the Beauty and her filly.
  • Judy the Beauty’s American pharoah filly has been named Wish Way
  • Wish Way is the first American Pharoah foal to post a work
  • Yum
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Unfortunately I believe the pics to be of her parents. I wish they would have included a pic of her
  • EriNC said:

Unfortunately I believe the pics to be of her parents. I wish they would have included a pic of her

Me, too --- all I know is that she is a chestnut! I think she has a interesting pedigree:

https://www.pedigreequery.com/wish+way
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Yay No Northern dancer!
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Judy The Beauty’s 3 year old American Pharoah filly (Wish Way) May be about to get her first start! She recently posted a work breezing from the gate
  • I'd love to see her
  • She has a 2019 colt by Smarty Jones. He has already been named: Storms End.
  • Wow, they bred her to Smarty Jones. That's an unexpected breeding.
    VA_in_CA said:

She has a 2019 colt by Smarty Jones. He has already been named: Storms End.

• LionessLioness Member
    edited January 25
    Wesley Ward leases his farm from Calumet's owner. Calumet was the one that brought Smarty Jones back to Kentucky for a bit. May have been some kind of a favor. He's a nice regional PA sire but definitely hasn't been lighting up the mainstream board.
  • Thanks for the info. Here's hoping he can run. I would have named him Smart Beauty.
    Lioness said:

Wesley Ward leases his farm from Calumet's owner. Calumet was the one that brought Smarty Jones back to Kentucky for a bit. May have been some kind of a favor. He's a nice regional PA sire but definitely hasn't been lighting up the mainstream board.

• EriNCEriNC Member
    Funny story, but I’m actually friends with someone from the family that owns Smarty Jones.
  • LionessLioness Member
    edited January 25
    EriNC said:

Funny story, but I’m actually friends with someone from the family that owns Smarty Jones.

That's awesome! I'm originally from PA and remember his Triple Crown hype there, so he will always have a special place in my heart as a racehorse.
  • Here is a list of her foals.
    Wish Way2017 filly by American Pharoah owned by Wesley Ward as of 2020
    Unnamed 2019 colt by Curlin owned by Wesley Ward