Eblouissante

Comments

• Very cheap for a Dubawi, normally go for minimum of million guineas for the few that come for auction over here. Wonder where he will race?
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2019
    What was Dubawi's stud fee? I was trying to find currency converter as of 2018 for 250,000 pounds.
  • Fee is now private and Darley let only a few outside mares in, best guess for 2018 was an exchange rate of 1.3 dollars to the pound so about 325 000 dollars.

There is an interesting follow up article here
    https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/keeneland/700000-dubawi-colt-another-special-opportunity-for-partners-behind-justify/399170

Curious as to the underbidders as the family hasnt done much over here unfortunately unlikely to have been Coolmore though as they got rid of the family members over here
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes that's true...De Coronado...
  • Unfortunately, it's fairly well documented that the colts from this particular dam line do not perform or produce at the level of the fillies. Even with Dubawi on top, unless Bluenote talks after his sire/maternal grandsire, he is a risky prospect.

That's the bad news.

Good news is, to my eye, he looks more like a Dubawi, Bernardini, & Street Cry, than Vertigineux, Kris S. So here's hoping he proves the exception to the rule.
  • Hopefully thats the case, although he doesnt really have the Dubawi head, We will keep our fingers crossed for him wherever he lands. If here John Godsen would be a good bet as he has a great rapore with Dubawis of either sex
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Looks like Form a Square might finally be ready to start. He’s posted a 5 furlong work, and a work from the gate.
  • Was it posted that she has been named Sweetened

Here are the pics for those that can't see the facebook link.

• Nope! That's news to us.

I think the result of this filly is what made them decide to breed Zenyatta to Candy Ride. I like the named Sweetened. Short and simple.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited January 26
    EBBY'S FIRST FOAL IS MAKING HIS DEBUT!

Form A Square is running January 30th in a maiden special weight (race 4) for 4 year olds and upward going one mile on turf at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained John Shirreffs and owned by St. George Farm Racing LLC.
  • Today is the day. Form A Square is running at Santa Anita. He is making his debut as a four year-old.

John A. Shirreffs
    January 30 - Santa Anita
    Form A Square (GB) Race 4 Maiden Special Weight
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 30
    He was traveling well and then just backed out of it. He galloped on though, dont see anything visibly wrong with him. He was in good stalking position. That's odd.
  • edited January 30
    Ouch. Beautiful horse, but not a racehorse. Didn't only finish last, but was lenghts behind the second to last horse.

He is going to make someone a very nice OTTB.

Today is the day. Form A Square is running at Santa Anita. He is making his debut as a four year-old.

John A. Shirreffs
    January 30 - Santa Anita
    Form A Square (GB) Race 4 Maiden Special Weight

• EBBY'S FIRST FOAL IS MAKING HIS DEBUT!

Form A Square is running January 30th in a maiden special weight (race 4) for 4 year olds and upward going one mile on turf at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained John Shirreffs and owned by St. George Farm Racing LLC.

He finished 8th of 8.
  • And the winner was a colt by Scat Daddy, Go Daddy Go.
  • Form A Square (GB) finished 8th beaten by 26 3/4 lengths, on January 30, 2020, at SANTA ANITA PARK in Race 4.

Form A Square (GB) pulled and stalked three deep, back and angled in on the second turn and gave way.
  • He literally backed out of it around the turn
  • Probably figured he had made it to 4 without risking his neck, why change things now.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited January 31
    It's so frustrating because he looked good out there stalking from behind the pace in 4th/5th. Then boom 'I'm outta there!'. He broke a tad slow but had enough speed/turn of foot to still keep up amd get a good spot.
  • Send him to John Gosden in the UK, Dubawi’s are his speciality
  • My apologies, wrong colt, This one is by Oasis Dream (also trained by Godsen) a stallion who is mostly known for sprinters or middle distance horses in the uk sired Midday and polydream
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    I wonder if it’s the distance? They started him out at a mile. Perhaps he’d prefer dirt? I understand is sire is a grass horse, but Ebby never raced on grass did she?
  • So since COVID-19 (corona virus) has me on a self imposed quarantine I'm bored so, I'll be listing Eblouissante's foals.

Form A Square 2016 colt by Oasis Dream. Here is his equibase page: http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10102440&registry=T
    Unnamed 2017 filly by Dansili. No equibase page for her.
    Picadilly Circus (formerly named Bluenote) 2018 colt by Dubawi. Here is his equibase page: http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=10448538&registry=T&rbt=TB
    Sweetened 2019 filly by Candy Ride
    No known 2020 foal according to Equineline but i believe she was bred to Candy Ride