California Chrome

Comments

• Good read
  • KMMKMM Member
    Better fit for him.
  • Chilean baby. California Chrome x Queen Zanobia, colt

• 2018 California Chrome x Warbling filly has been named Roaring. She was a $260,000 Keeneland Yearling and was bred by Aaron and Marie Jones. She has been exported to Japan.

• 2016 TVG Pacific Classic Show Featuring California Chrome & Beholder:
  • Chilean baby, 2018 California Chrome x Princess Tati, filly
  • edited April 22
    California Chrome in the breeding shed.

• RachelRachel Member
    Not sure how I feel about that on the mare's end of things. That's alot of being tied down for her to comply.
  • Of course they are getting comments that the video was disrespectful to Chrome. So silly.
    Rachel said:

Not sure how I feel about that on the mare's end of things. That's alot of being tied down for her to comply.

• RachelRachel Member
    That's why the Chromies are being called Crazy.
  • California Chrome in the breeding shed.

Looks like he's feeling a lot better! Put the weight back on.
  • The mare in the video had a foal this year by Japanese Triple Crown winner Orfevre.
  • Is it just me or was that more.... subtle than I was expecting?
  • :3
    It's Junior. He's nothing but subtle!
  • KMMKMM Member
    Very professional. B)
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    Rachel said:

Besides the ear twitch, that’s not an unusual handling of the mare. She’s probably a known bad actor. One of our maidens was bred the other day and was tranqed heavy, hobbled, lip chained, and had three handlers bc she’s been a witch.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oh I understand the why of it, I also saw she had boots on her back legs to keep from kicking the stud and injuring him. But it just seems a little, I dont know, startling (?) to see it. I guess that's why the act of breeding is kept behind closed doors lol.
    EliRose said:

Rachel said:

Besides the ear twitch, that’s not an unusual handling of the mare. She’s probably a known bad actor. One of our maidens was bred the other day and was tranqed heavy, hobbled, lip chained, and had three handlers bc she’s been a witch.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Reading the comments on the twitter account it is said that this mare was his 94th bred.
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited April 23
    Looks like Chrome has got his MoJo back! Would love to see a video of him in his paddock having a good run and roll in the sand ---- B)
  • Rachel said:

Reading the comments on the twitter account it is said that this mare was his 94th bred.

Chrome. Photo taken on March 20, 2020

94 in a month?
  • KMMKMM Member
    3x a day standard for many breeding stallions.
  • RachelRachel Member
    94th means he is being well received in Japan.
  • @Rachel Thanks for posting that pic --- Chrome looks great and alert, a lot better than some of the earlier photos. Maybe he's adjusted to the new location and handlers!
  • Oh dear the Chromies have just found out about a mare and newborn CC foal going through the ring at F-T and are going ape#%@t, claiming that CC is being singled out and you would never see This happening to a AP or Justify