Belmont Stakes 2013

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    his run reminded me of Silky Sullivan's races....coming from no where to blow by the field....
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    Joel Rosario has these mounts today at Belmont:

Race 1, horse #10, Master Cip. Didnt win this one.
    Race 2, horse #7, Integrity. Won this from off the pace
    Race 3, horse #3, Raven Rise. Came in 4th
    Race 5, horse #6, Howie's Tiz. lost
    Race 7, horse #1A, Fast Bullet (Gary Stevens is riding Laurie's Rocket, #2) Won it, gary stevens came in 3rd
    Race 8, horse #7, Better Lucky. lost by a neck, that was intense
    Race 9, horse #7, Forty Tales (ex derby prospect). won it from off the pace
    Race 10, horse #5, Optimizer (this horse is really good despite his loss to Wise Dan last time out)

those are the races Joel has today before the belmont which is race 11. Im looking to see how hes handling the track today.
  • RachelRachel Member
    oh by the way, NBC Sports is airing races at belmont at 3pm-5pm eastern. switch over to NBC at 5pm eastern
  • Happy Belmont Day! Don't forget to check out my field analysis: http://pastthegrandstand.blogspot.com/2013/06/2013-belmont-stakes-field-analysis.html
  • RachelRachel Member
    Rosie Napravnik wins the Easy Goer stakes on Power Broker!
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Orb for redemption, Will Take Charge for looking the most like Secretariat and Incognito for being the unknown dark horse and Freedom's Child for having that look that I am the winner.

My picks and safe trip out and back for all horses and jockeys.
  • RachelRachel Member
    hot damn! Forty Tales from off the pace for Joel Rosario
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    i had a thought that Clearly Now is going to be a good sire when he retires, hes only 3 yrs old tho right now, i mean just look at him! http://0.tqn.com/d/horseracing/1/0/_/1/4/bayshore13-4a.jpg
  • i had a thought that Clearly Now is going to be a good sire when he retires, hes only 3 yrs old tho right now, i mean just look at him! http://0.tqn.com/d/horseracing/1/0/_/1/4/bayshore13-4a.jpg
    Oh, I like!!
  • Isn't he or wasn't he owned by the same people who Campigned Brother Derek?
  • RachelRachel Member
    im not sure
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/clearly+now2 His pedigree. that fourth line is golden
  • RachelRachel Member
    Point of Entry does it, Joel second on Optimizer. good to see Shug in the winners circle
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    check out the silks in that race....Ramsey's red and white, black and red of Phipps on Point of Entry, and Calumets silks on Optimizer. Shug's third win in the Manhattan Handicap
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2013
    its kind of annoying that theyre using the same interview they used when Unlimited Budget was in the Oaks
  • Help fellow friends!! first hope all has been doing well, I am sick and this dummy forgot to set my DVR to record the NBC broadcast of it, I started it at about an hour into the broadcast, Reborn Ruffian, other friends, can you tell me if they said anything about Queen Ruffian on there?? I suppose they did because I missed it...omg!! HELP!! Thanks all. Go Orb..
  • oh by the way, NBC Sports is airing races at belmont at 3pm-5pm eastern. switch over to NBC at 5pm eastern
    Oh Rachel, that means I missed more of it than I thought!! OMG!! Did they mention anything about Ruffian??
  • That dingbat blonde is a distraction. I wish they touched more on Belmont history. Replay Secretariat's win 40 yrs ago. Oh, well, there is still time. Orb, Freedom Child, Revolutionary, Unlimited Budget for the girl angle.
  • They just aired some history, that was a nice piece.
  • that Michelle Beadle(sp?) I think she started out on some celebrity gossip show or something and now went to sports?!?! What?!!
  • They just aired some history, that was a nice piece.
    Hi Capainsmistress, did you see if they aired anything this year about Ruffian since the connection to Orb is so strong? missed it :(
    Many thanks!

• No, I wish they would touch on the connection. It is racing history of a racing family.
  • Thank you so much CM!! I was so mad at myself for forgetting to DVR it; have over hundred degree fever and fell asleep on Belmont Day?!?! OMG!! I see they are having some nice shots of her resting place, but I would think, and Reborn and I talked about this awhile ago, that they SHOULD at least mention Ruffian since her great-nephew is the favorite. They did that big time in the 88 Derby with Private Terms as she was his aunt. Thanks again so much!!
  • You are right, they should! I remember being a heart broken little girl. Our local newspaper..."Modern Day Black Beauty, Ruffian Destroyed." I was crushed, clipped the headline and kept it for many years. You feel better, Ok? Safe trips to all the beauties!