Tiznow

Comments

• The reason for Coz starting into his 3 yr old yr is that thats how Sheriffs does things....
    That’s one of John’s virtues….his patience with his horses.

So fast forwarding into the future, if 13Z is put under John’s tutelage and shows that he is precocious, John still wouldn’t start him at two because that’s not John’s modus operandi ? Just wondering, has John ever had a two-year old starter?
  • he has, but im trying to find the colt
  • i found him! his name is Peace Mission, hes a 2 yr old colt by Harlan's Holiday out of Royal Parade. His last race was 10/27/13 at Belmont Park in a Maiden Special Weight in which he won
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited December 2013
    Sheriffs also trains Serene Melody (Street Cry out of Serena's Song) but shes a 3 yr old
  • DoreenDoreen Member
    edited December 2013
    John also trained the late Mentor Cane as a two year-old. He ran in two races as a two year-old. His first race he lost to Flashback a year and 10 days ago.
  • Hard to believe he is gone :(
  • I love Tiznow! Love the intelligent look in his eyes. What a piece of work he could be! Talk about a mind of his own!
  • I'm still not over the loss of Mentor Cane. He was very special and such a sweetheart.

Being a fan of and following all Slew progeny, Tiznow was no exception. Just love this horse and his offspring.
  • DoreenDoreen Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not over his loss either. A piece of my heart went with him. Every time I see a picture of him, I feel that hole in my heart. He was very special and talented. If he was able to harness his speed, who knows what GREAT things he might have accomplished. :(
  • I agree with all of you, he was special and his loss was hard.
  • Tiznow and Zenyatta would make one very intelligent race horse with a raging will to WIN!
  • A Tiznow / Zenny matching has been discussed here a couple of times. I believe the consensus was that height/size would be an issue. Both are very big.
  • Happy 17th Birthday to the only 2 time Breeders' Cup Classic Winner, Tiznow! https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/s526x395/993030_10152081007288922_1123101441_n.jpg
  • Strong Mandate's next race will be the Arkansas Derby on April 12th.
  • Strong Mandate (Tiznow - Clear Mandate, by Deputy Minister) D.Wayne Lukas - I feel like the only Strong Mandate supporter left standing. I could no longer in good conscious keep him in the top spot after running fourth on Saturday, but I’m also a long way from giving up on him. His Rebel run was not the best, but it was not bad either. He was beaten a couple of lengths by three very good horses. Going in, I did not want to see him on the lead, and the fact that he was on it Saturday could be directly attributed to how far he fell back he fell in the previous race. He was pressured most of the way and received a Malachi Crunch in the stretch run. I think many will confuse his tiring to fourth to mean that he didn’t want the distance. I believe that will thought will disappear as the distances get longer, though. He’s bred to run long, and I’ve seen him be tenacious late in his races. Look for him to relax early in the future, and to be the one pouncing as the field straightens out. Call me as stubborn as a rottweiler puppy with a chew toy, but yep, I still like him.
  • QZfan20...I'm giggling over your self description for still liking Strong Mandate. I feel that way about Tapiture. Wonderful colts, this crop; I pray for their good health going forward! And I'm still so very sad at the loss of the lovely filly, Onlyforyou.
  • QZfan20...I'm giggling over your self description for still liking Strong Mandate. I feel that way about Tapiture. Wonderful colts, this crop; I pray for their good health going forward! And I'm still so very sad at the loss of the lovely filly, Onlyforyou.
    @Joanna_TX it's not mine its from a Horse Racing Nation article.
  • Oh....well you have to know that most of us here on the forum really love a sense of humor!
  • Oh....well you have to know that most of us here on the forum really love a sense of humor!
    I know that's why I like posting articles and pieces of them from Horse Racing Nation they have great writers.
  • Rebranded – This former Pletcher trainee joined Justin Evans’ yard at Sunland Park back in December and has run a couple of nice races in stakes for his new trainer since. He goes out second off the layoff today while adding blinkers and has been working well in the morning. While I think he is a cut below this group, I do believe the local fella could hit the board at a nice price. He seems like he should handle the added ground just fine.
  • Strong Mandate (Tiznow)
    7: 2-1-1 $522,900
    Owner: Baker, Mack
    Trainer: D. Wayne Lukas
    Jockey: Joel Rosario
    4th Rebel Stakes (G2)
    2nd Southwest Stakes (G3)
    3rd Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) – BSF 85
    1st Hopeful Stakes (G1) – BSF 85
    11 Road to Kentucky Derby Points
    Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 1: 27-1
    Kentucky Derby Future Wager Pool 2: 17-1