2020 Stud Fees

13»

Comments

• I had already read the article regarding Coolmore Australia stud fees and was somewhat surprised by the fees for American Pharoah and Justify.
    Justify's US stud fee is $150,000 which converts to AU 230,000, but he stands for AU $66,000 downunder which converts to US $42,300.
    American Pharoah US stud fee is listed as private but I would assume it's in the same high dollar range as Tapit and Justify. He stands in Australia for AU $55,000 which converts to US $35,300.
    I'm sure Coolmore is attempting to generate interest from breeders with outstanding broodmares, but I am still surprised that two Triple Crown winners have "mid-range" stud fees at Coolmore Australia. Fastnet Rock stands for AU $165,000.
  • bleubetty said:

I had already read the article regarding Coolmore Australia stud fees and was somewhat surprised by the fees for American Pharoah and Justify.
    Justify's US stud fee is $150,000 which converts to AU 230,000, but he stands for AU $66,000 downunder which converts to US $42,300.
    American Pharoah US stud fee is listed as private but I would assume it's in the same high dollar range as Tapit and Justify. He stands in Australia for AU $55,000 which converts to US $35,300.
    I'm sure Coolmore is attempting to generate interest from breeders with outstanding broodmares, but I am still surprised that two Triple Crown winners have "mid-range" stud fees at Coolmore Australia. Fastnet Rock stands for AU $165,000.

I believe that's because they both raced in the US an while known down under they aren't as popular as other stallions who ran there. The fees will rise for them when their foals reach racing age depending on how they do on the track.