Antecedence (Super Saver x Hope's Love)

I really like this filly's sire and the overall pedigree, especially Numbered Account showing up: 5S X 5D X 5D

Comments

• Regardless of how she turns out as a racer, I think she is one of the prettiest little fillies I've seen. These photos conjured up memories of my childhood and my love for the movie My Friend Flicka

• UPDATE! She had her first start! She ran 11/12/2020 in a maiden special weight going 6 furlongs on the dirt at Churchill where she finished 9th of 12/ She was ridden by Albin Jimenez. She is trained by Anna Meah and owned by Denise and Perry Martin.
  • Her barn name should be Flicka
  • Here is her most recent workout. The Thoroughbred Center 11/27/2020 Dirt 4F 48.60 Breezing 6/15
  • She is taking a big class drop, from MSW to $15,000 Claimer.

• I wonder if there will be a lot claims there ( take it its not an optional claiming race ). Didnt give her much of a chance, pretty filly hopefully she will end up ok
  • She is one of the most feminine fillies I've seen, which I like in potential broodmares and I think Super Saver will prove to be a nice broodmare sire. If I were more than just an armchair pedigree and mating geek, I'd consider claiming her just for those two reasons.
    racingfan said:

I wonder if there will be a lot claims there ( take it its not an optional claiming race ). Didnt give her much of a chance, pretty filly hopefully she will end up ok

• She is taking a big class drop, from MSW to $15,000 Claimer.

She finished 4th of 9 and wasn't claimed.
  • KaseyKasey Member
    edited March 2
    Well, of course not. Steve Coburn was not interested in hanging on to Hope's Love. I would imagine there was a good reason for that rationale.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    edited March 2
    Kasey said:

Well, of course not. Steve Coburn was not interested in hanging on to Hope's Love. I would imagine there was a good reason for that rationale.

The idea that Steve Coburn has even a fraction of an idea of what to look for in a horse is absolutely rich. You also do remember that he sold his shares in Chrome, right?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Does she have Black Type?
  • No. Her recent 4th place finish was her best showing to date. She needed class relief to move up from the back of the pack.
    Rachel said:

Does she have Black Type?

• KaseyKasey Member
    EliRose said:

Kasey said:

The idea that Steve Coburn has even a fraction of an idea of what to look for in a horse is absolutely rich. You also do remember that he sold his shares in Chrome, right?
    Thank you so much for making my point!

This is an awesome girl. I think her future lies in making a good match. This girl has a big heart and a small body. It is too bad that Mr. Coburn did not really back this little one up.
  • edited March 13
    Bringing her right back, in less than a month. It appears they really have no interest in keeping her or they feel that there will be little to no interest from others to claim her.

• Bringing her right back, in less than a month. It appears they really have no interest in keeping her or they feel that there will be little to no interest from others to claim her.

She finished 7th of 9 and wasn't claimed.
  • Here is her latest workout. Keeneland 4/3/2021 Dirt 4F 50.60 Breezing 94/103
  • Here is her latest workout. Keeneland 4/17/2021 Dirt 5F 1:01.80 Breezing 20/34
  • Huge, huge class drop. She has dropped from a $15,000 claiming tag to a $6,250 tag for her next race which is May 1 at Arlington. I won't be surprised if she gets claimed. And, I know I might be a sucker, but if the timing was right I'd get my trainer connection to claim her for me and I'd retire her from the track. I just won't have a place for her or any horse until next year.

• Agree there @Especially_Horses , if i was over there I might have done it myself, for that price you are not losing much. How knows the breeding might skip a generation or two
  • She came in second, just missing the win. As expected she was claimed. I have this feeling her next start will be in Puerto Rico.
  • She came in second, just missing the win. As expected she was claimed. I have this feeling her next start will be in Puerto Rico.

Her new owner/trainer is Eduardo Rodriguez.
  • I saw that, but I don't know anything about him.

She came in second, just missing the win. As expected she was claimed. I have this feeling her next start will be in Puerto Rico.

Her new owner/trainer is Eduardo Rodriguez.
  • EliRoseEliRose Member
    @Especially_Horses She should be sticking around Arlington, Hawthorne, and Fair Grounds for now as that's where he primarily runs horses. PR is a rough time that I don't wish on any horse.
  • Thank you for providing this information. I'm relieved to know she should be staying in the states. I am curious to see if Rodriguez keeps her in training.
    EliRose said:

@Especially_Horses She should be sticking around Arlington, Hawthorne, and Fair Grounds for now as that's where he primarily runs horses. PR is a rough time that I don't wish on any horse.

• EliRoseEliRose Member

Thank you for providing this information. I'm relieved to know she should be staying in the states. I am curious to see if Rodriguez keeps her in training.

EliRose said:

I’d assume so, poor time of year to pick up a race filly as a broodmare prospect.