Frankel

Comments

• RuZenRARuZenRA Member
    Never seen this horse before but i hope that he and black caviar will be at the breeders cup this year!
  • He's been injured.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Can not find anything about this.....poss someone found old news article...hope he is ok
  • ALL: Frankel is absolutely fine & everyone awaits his appearance @ Royal Ascot (with Black Caviar)!!!!
  • Here's a recent interview with his trainer, Henry Cecil:
  • RachelRachel Member
    Injury is old news. He recovered to make a come back in his last race and blew the field away
  • Thanks Abigail.
  • MaxMax Member
    Thank you for this video. Henry Cecil is always interesting because he tells it like it is, but always in a low key way. He reminds me of John Sherriffs and his approach to horses.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Lane's End Farm posted on Facebook
    Frankel wins again! 11 in a row and by 11 lengths.
    They are calling him the "Champion of the World."
    Congratulations to the Juddmonte team!
  • KetaKeta Member
    Undefeated Frankel Wins Queen Anne by 11
    By Mary Schweitzer The Blood-Horse
    Updated: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:20 AM
    Superstar Frankel remained undefeated with a sublime performance in the $542,500 Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot, drawing off through the stretch to win by an amazing 11 lengths.
    The 4-year-old colt by Galileo notched his 11th victory in the Queen Anne and has now won seven group I races.
    Link includes photos & video
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70659/undefeated-frankel-wins-queen-anne-by-11#ixzz1yGlS2x7R

• He was stunning!
    edited June 2012
    Looked up Frankel's pedigree.....there it was...among a host of others...Ribot...
    .....he very good at what he does....but I would like to see him without a rabbit and going around two turns...on dirt
  • Two turns, dirt and 1-1/2 miles??? Of coures there is really no way to compare as our horses might not do well at a mile on the turf.

He is a Champion and fun to watch and read about. Lots of Northern Dancer etc in his pedigree.
  • mucker4evamucker4eva Member
    edited June 2012
    Looked up Frankel's pedigree.....there it was...among a host of others...Ribot...
    .....he very good at what he does....but I would like to see him without a rabbit and going around two turns...on dirt
    Why,to prove what?
    This horse is a magnificent TURF horse. He has a HUGE personality that has been carefully harnessed and taken to great levels. That alone speaks volumes.
    I don't think there is a barn on any US track that could contain this beast.

To train a beast like this,leaving his spirit intact is a miracle. That is what makes these greats. Knowing where and how far to take them,just below that line and still leaving them w/ gusto and guts to get the job done.

It is not an easy feat,getting into the heads of these fragile yet so dangerous animals.

And what horse ran on the turf,dirt and slop and excelled in all?Now take the steeplechaser,whoexcells and put him on a straight turf,no jumps. He is going to say,what,why am I here, this is boring,add the thrill of the jump please.
    I'd like to see Bolt run on a cross country course too,for 20 miles,ain't happenin.

• I don't care for the rabbit aspect. For those who may be more knowledgeable, does Frankel usually run with a rabbit?
    oh well...read yesterday that Bullet Train (described as F's younger brother) has set the pace for him in last three races...i agree that Frankel is the best at what he does but if i was BT i would get tired of what they were making me do...oh well just a thought and just my opinion...but naming him the "best in the world" at everything is silly...he is the best at what he does but not at everything
  • MaxMax Member
    Jennift. Frankel has been using a pacemaker in most of his races, lately the pacemaker has been his brother, Bullet Train. The purpose of a pacemaker is to conserve energy and control the pace of a horse who tends to race off too quickly. Frankel did not have a pacemaker in the Sussex Stakes. He lead all of the way in that race before crushing the opposition with a devastating turn of foot.
  • MaxMax Member
    carolinutah. Bullet Train is Frankel's older brother. Noble Mission is his younger brother.
    It would be a tough job to be a pacemaker. Bullet Train is a talented racer in his own right and is a graded stakes winner. He also appears to be the only horse who can pace Frankel. The others have not been able to get ahead of Frankel. This was very evident in the 2000 Guineas where Frankel totally ignored the pacemaker and ran off with the race from the beginning. It was a remarkable performance.
    Thx for info....guess I was just stiring the pot a little..
    Frankel.....is great turf straight away...no question...he is an apple
    Horses that run on dirt around two turns are oranges ...
    I do not see comparing the two....different accomplishments
    ...think they should all be appreciated for what they do..
  • Thx for info....guess I was just stiring the pot a little..
    Frankel.....is great turf straight away...no question...he is an apple
    Horses that run on dirt around two turns are oranges ...
    I do not see comparing the two....different accomplishments
    ...think they should all be appreciated for what they do..
    Then you are a true horsewoman!!! By stirring the pot and asking these questions about differnent scenarios,all makes for great racing. That's what trainers do all of the time.Riders asking other riders,etc.......

• MaxMax Member
    The latest news of Frankel. He lost a shoe in the race, but that does not seem to have slowed him down or bothered him. He is back in his barn and eating well.

http://www.sportinglife.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/12/06/20/RACING_Frankel.html
  • MKernMKern Member
    What a great race. Too bad we will not be able to see him at the Breeder's Cup.
  • What a great race. Frankle is an amazing race horse. Love watching him run.

• In tribute to all the horses who have been running at Ascot this week, but especially for Frankel and Black Caviar, I thought we might like to recall these lyrics from My Fair Lady.

Ascot Gavotte
    (Written by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe)

Every duke and earl and peer is here,
    Everyone who should be here is here,
    What a smashing, positively dashing spectacle–
    The Ascot opening day!

At the gate are all the horses
    Waiting for the cue to fly away,
    What a gripping, absolutely ripping
    Moment at the Ascot opening day!

Pulses rushing, faces flushing,
    Heartbeats speed up, I have never been so keyed up,
    Any second now they’ll begin to run.
    Hark, a bell is ringing, they are springing forward, look, it has begun!

What a frenzied moment that was!
    Didn’t they maintain an exhausting pace?
    ‘Twas a thrilling, absolutely chilling
    Running of the Ascot opening race!