13Z's name!

Z_ForeverZ_Forever Member
edited February 2013 in Ziconic
Ok, so for 13Z's name?
If it is a girl, I think she'll be named Kenyatta. If a colt, I dunno.

Comments

• I am still sticking with my "Guinness On Tap" if a colt..... Or possibly "Swansong" if a filly.
  • Swansong implies a final performance. Would we want "final" associated with the filly?
  • Swansong implies a final performance. Would we want "final" associated with the filly?
    You make a good point.... How about Centauria?
  • Sounds like a good name to me, Centauria.
  • I think it definitely needs to have the "Tapit" in there somewhere but not so Z's name gets lost.......

LOL it would HELP if we knew what Z12's name was!!! That would give us some idea of Ann and Jerry's "direction".
  • Love, Love, Guiness on Tap. Always have.
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Ok, so for 13Z's name?
    If it is a girl, I think she'll be named Kenyatta. If a colt, I dunno.
    Can't be named Kenyatta- it's too close to Zenyatta and her name has been retired

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    It wont happen but I'm stuck on TapDancZen....oh well
  • I think it definitely needs to have the "Tapit" in there somewhere but not so Z's name gets lost.......

LOL it would HELP if we knew what Z12's name was!!! That would give us some idea of Ann and Jerry's "direction".
    12Z probably won't have a name for another year. He doesn't have to have a name until he's ready to start. According to David Ingordo, the Mosses usually name their horses when they are about to leave the training farm in Florida for their trainers' barns.
  • There was a horse born in 1988 (I think) named Tappanzee. That might have made a good name otherwise. I'm hoping for a filly this year. I think Tapdanzen has been suggested. I kinda like that.
  • I vote GuinnessOnTap, personally, colt or filly. It fits a colt better, but still...
  • I adore Tapit and many of his get. Part of charm are the really clever names his kids get and I'd like for Zennys foal to have a Tapit name although I totally understand that the Moss's have their own naming criteria. I sort of like Toe Tappin...that's musical.
  • Time to tap
  • i love the fact that zenyatta's moves are known as dancing and then you have this Tapit foal coming soon, which the name Tapit reminds us of Tap Dancing. And then you have Mr Moss's previous profession in the music industry. i supose this little foal will have dancing and music in its future ;)
  • Guiness on tap, but Time to tap isn't bad. Tapestry Cover. Toe Tappin; I like that one too.
  • PrincessPerfection
    Atta Tap Dance
    Zen Again
    Tap and Dance
    Zen's Lil Tapper

and for 12Z I have always wanted him to be named Zensberation (Zenyatta/Bernardini/inspiration) ;)
  • Dancing Feet!
  • Tapit To Broadway
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited March 2013
    There was a horse born in 1988 (I think) named Tappanzee.
    Tappanzee is the name of a bridge in NY. I don't live there anymore, and the bridge was built after I left, so my info. is sketchy. I think it goes from NJ to Staten Island, but not sure. It's at the lower end of Manhattan. I think it's named for the narrow strip of water or the land that narrows the water. Someone who lives there now should know. It's a very long suspension bridge.
  • Well I looked the bridge up on Google and boy, did I get it all wrong. The bridge was built while I was still living in the NY Metropolitan area; it's not a suspension bridge; it's not over a narrow part of the Hudson, but rather over the widest; it's more than 3 miles long; it is entirely in NY State; it is 40 miles north of Midtown Manhattan; and it's falling apart, so they are going to replace it in 2016. It's named for a tribe of local American Indians and the Dutch word for sea--zee. The name is Tappan Zee Bridge.
  • JulieJulie Member
    Zen Thirtheenth
  • Keep his/her name his/her individual. So long as it comes out a beautiful dappled grey! There is a horse named Turallure (sp) that is such a dappled grey he looks like an Appy. And he is a great runner as well. Check him out when you get a chance.
  • VA, you might be thinking of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge that goes from Staten Island to Brooklyn, over the Narrows. It opened in the early 60"s as I remember.
  • Yes, scenthound, that was the bridge I was thinking of. I grew up in New Jersey but left after graduating from college in 1961, and have been back only for brief family visits ever since. I did indeed have the two bridges confused. Kind of embarrassing to have done it on such a public forum. Sigh.
  • When you get to be our ages, almost anything and everything should be reasonably acceptable. LOL. At least I tell my kids that.....they don't buy it. I do love it, when once in a while, I am right about something...they can't stand it. I lived on Long Island from '62 to 1980, and suburban Chicago before...and after.