Rumor!!

jlg2013jlg2013 Member
edited March 2013 in Ziconic
I have it on good authority that Zenyatta's foal will be a filly. Exciting!!!

Comments

• I have it on good authority that Zenyatta's foal will be a filly. Exciting!!!

If this is true than YAY! I've been hoping that her baby will be a filly!
  • L_Q_Q_KL_Q_Q_K Member
    edited March 2013
    I have it on good authority that Zenyatta's foal will be a filly. Exciting!!!
    I don't think anyone knows the gender of 13Z. The Mosses like to be surprised.

• I doubt your info is reliable. The Mosses always like to be surprised and those "in the know" would cerainly honor their wishes.
  • Well, you have a 50% chance of being right. :-)
  • While in Versailles visiting, someone let it slip...who would know; not related to Lane's End or the Moss's. I'm not betting the house on it, and I respect what the Moss family likes. I was just excited.
  • And so are we! It's just hard to believe given that we figured Zenny would tell us when she delivered. And that's how her Mommy and Daddy prefer it. But, I hope the rumor is true; Zenny having a little girl. We'll know pretty soon. Hoping for a safe delivery for Zen and a healthy mother and foal, no matter what it is!
  • Who would know? Well, any of the vets that have been attending to her would know. Ultra sounds show the sex of the foal. They (the vets) would of course MEAN to keep the confidentiality "agreement" but all that would have to happen is for them to tell ONE person (or to have someone overhear a supposed "private" conversation) and, well, we all know that once you tell ONE person a secret is no longer a secret. Big news like this that EVERYONE is after is almost impossible to keep -- I am surprised that BabyZ12 being a colt wasn't "outed" before Zenny foaled him.
  • I hope it is a filly, too.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited March 2013
    Santa Anita Park tweet
    RUMOR & #HOF jockey Mike Smith win the Las Flores Stakes
    for trainer Richard Mandella!
    Ray Paulick‏ tweet @santaanitapark HOF trainer, too
    Here is link to Race Replay Video
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2013/3/10/8/las-flores-s
  • Santa Anita Park tweet
    RUMOR & #HOF jockey Mike Smith win the Las Flores Stakes
    for trainer Richard Mandella!
    Ray Paulick‏ tweet @santaanitapark HOF trainer, too
    Here is link to Race Replay Video
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/usa/sa/2013/3/10/8/las-flores-s
    LOL, I think Keta misinterpreted the title of the discussion! :D
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    When vets perform ultrasounds they have to specifically look for the gender of the foal. So no one knows since the Mosses don't fetal sex their mares.
  • When vets perform ultrasounds they have to specifically look for the gender of the foal. So no one knows since the Mosses don't fetal sex their mares.
    Awww... :'( so you're sure they don't know then?? I really really really want a filly :)
  • they dont fetal sex their mares cuz they are superstitious
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    edited March 2013
    A big commercial breeding farm wouldn't have it done anyway? like in all of the exams that I know they do, they wouldn't know?? and just not tell the Mosses what it was??
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited March 2013
    i do believe the Moss's would have it done on their word, u can have the ultrasound done to know if shes pregnant but to tell the sex of the foal is a whole nother thing. vets wouldnt go and do that without the mosses knowing, would be bad. they didnt have it done with 12Z i doubt they will have it done with any of zennys foals cuz they are superstitious. id rather be surprised.
  • Ok.. I just thought with any ultrasound exam you would know.... :( I reallllllllyyyyyyy want that filly! and I don't like "rumors" especially when they prove false!
  • i dont trust any discussion with the title Rumor in the first place
  • *dramatic sigh* ... lol :) I'll be over it when Zenny foals a beautiful grey girl in a few days!
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Who would know? Well, any of the vets that have been attending to her would know. Ultra sounds show the sex of the foal. They (the vets) would of course MEAN to keep the confidentiality "agreement" but all that would have to happen is for them to tell ONE person (or to have someone overhear a supposed "private" conversation) and, well, we all know that once you tell ONE person a secret is no longer a secret. Big news like this that EVERYONE is after is almost impossible to keep -- I am surprised that BabyZ12 being a colt wasn't "outed" before Zenny foaled him.
    Fetal sexing isn't all that easy- and must be done at about 55-60 days. If the Moss' don't want the foal to be sexed, then it would be a violation of their client rights to do it. So, I don't think it would be "accidentally" done.
  • You all must be aware that this is my first time posting on this forum...and probably the last!!! I was excited to find out this information and thought it would make a good discussion. You do not have to be mean-spirited and call me out for making the title "Rumor", or for the particulars of what vets do/don't do. You are way too serious and defensive!

I'm a huge fan of Zenyatta, and have tried to get information about her and her life in KY. As I said, I was visiting Versailles, and met several people who work in the industry. They say that Lanes End is very uncooperative with the local folks and I have personal experience to say that they won't even talk to you on the phone about a general tour (sans Zenyatta).

I appreciate the Sheriffs and the Moss' and find their attitude toward Zenyatta fans refreshing. I think the folks responding on this discussion should look hard at themselves and use the owners/trainers as an example on how to treat fans of Zenyatta. There is no reason to be disrespectful and mean.
  • no ones being mean, im just saying nothing is to be trusted if the title of this discussion is called "Rumor" rumor is just that.
  • Wow...I do think SOME of the people on this forum are very mean-spirited! I appreciate information someone may have learned being shared. If Z has a colt, then the information was inaccurate, so what? i too have had horrible experiences with Lane's End. In fact, they have a really bad reputation with "horse people" in Lexington.

I visited Winstar Farms and someone with a Zenyatta shirt and purse expressed their opinion that Tiznow was a substandard horse. Really? He won the Breeders Cup twice! I love love love Zenyatta, but realize there are other great thoroughbreds too.

Please don't stop posting jlg2013. Your information and opinions should be valued as much as anyone else's here.

It is clear that your and my hope is that the foaling goes well and the foal (colt or filly) are both healthy and happy!
  • jlg2013, I really hope that you keep posting on this site. As I said not long after you posted, I am hoping for a filly so I would love for you to be right. I doubt anyone meant to be mean because usually everyone here is fine with different opinions. I love all the different opinions here, I have learned so much. Anyway, I think this rumor is all in fun and not meant to cause problems for anyone. Sorry if some folks weren't too nice about it, but I promise most people here are not like that. Don't stop posting, I appreciate your input.
  • Please be brave about voicing your opinion about something on the Forum. Some folks are just really passionate about their feelings and if they disagree with somebody else, thats OK in my book. I remember a while back when I got tired of all the negativity towards Rachel from some staunch Zenny fans when we all posted on the board set up by Dotty. Some the stuff was just downright mean. I reminded all that the two fabulous ladies NEVER met and never raced against each other; all the animosity was strictly pushed by the fans. These beautiful girls were and are still wonderful in their own right. So hang in there, JLG2013.
  • Please be brave about voicing your opinion about something on the Forum. Some folks are just really passionate about their feelings and if they disagree with somebody else, thats OK in my book. I remember a while back when I got tired of all the negativity towards Rachel from some staunch Zenny fans when we all posted on the board set up by Dotty. Some the stuff was just downright mean. I reminded all that the two fabulous ladies NEVER met and never raced against each other; all the animosity was strictly pushed by the fans. These beautiful girls were and are still wonderful in their own right. So hang in there, JLG2013.
    Yes indeed, but for some of us "Voicing our opinion " can just be downright rude in cases.