"The Waiting Room" (2013)

msnap12msnap12 Member
edited April 2013 in Ziconic
@JudyFromAikenSC: As suggested by Judy ;) "The Waiting Room" for Z13. Gather around everybody! and bring your pacing shoes because it could be any day now, and we need to be ready to crash the site! lol :D

Comments

• msnap12msnap12 Member
    edited March 2013
    We all want to be on here together as it draws nearer to Zenny's time, and that's not easy if we're all scattered in different discussions... So here's the place to come for those of you who think it's time or just can't sit and wait any longer! :) (like me...)
  • Thank you msnap12!!!!!!!!

I am going to settle in (pacing shoes in hand) and can't wait to share this event with all of you AGAIN!
  • Yay, fun times! I'm getting so excited!
  • Hard to believe its right around the corner already again
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    PACE......PACE.....PACE....
  • Waiting patiently - not. Very exciting.
  • Does anyone else here believe the "rumor" about someone at Lanes End letting out that Z13 is a filly? Just curious.........
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LOL Pati..................yes, they are. I just thought, too, by some of Zenny's photos that she didn't look as big this time around and thought maybe THAT might coincide with the birth of a filly.
  • Am so excited hope it's a grey filly. Ok paceing shoes on now.

p.s. I wish we knew what day she is actually due.
  • Me, too, JJ..............the original date was March 15th but I don't personally think that is anywhere close. Three weekends ago Dottie Shirreffs told a friend of mine (when asked) at Santa Anita that it was "the end of March". That's the best UNverified info I have heard.
  • Well, it's 1:15 here on the East Coast. Good night all. Have a great Wednesday and "see" you tomorrow!
  • I'm REALLY excited for this one because this baby will be a COMPLETE wild card! Will it be a grey? A bay? A chestnut? A filly? A colt? Will it take more after its mother, or its father? So many options! So much excitement!
  • I'm also hanging our in the waiting room...pacing has begun!
  • pace, pace, pace....
  • I almost can't stand it. We also have a Z full sibling to wait for too!
  • Hope it takes after Dad. Think dappled grey folks! They are breathtakingly beautiful, but if only they would stay that way! Also, isn't Vert. getting up in age? I'm wondering if this is why they finally bred her back to Z's sire. I hope they make this her last, for safety reasons and V has done MORE than her share to add to history I think! :)
  • msnap12msnap12 Member
    edited March 2013
    This would be so much easier to stand if we knew when she would foal (ex: 72hrs)... but I guess it would be less exciting :)

@Ruffian, hoping for a Tapit stamp as well :D honestly how could anyone not want a darling grey filly?? Anxiously awaiting the arrival of V's baby as well, and hoping that one is a colt :)
  • cigarcigar Member
    Ok, here I am. Hope everything goes well.
  • I thought I saw where someone mentioned "her" when referring to Zenyatta's baby. We will see. I hope it is a grey girl. Whatever as long as it is healthy and strong
    Love to all
  • They'll know when she starts waxing up and acting strange!! Lucky she has caretakers round the clock there (maybe that is why Lane's End does not return calls for now a year) but when the 'normal' people have mares foal, it is a calendar type of thing. I had to make my plane ticket reservations according to baby time! LOL Luckily, Emmy came through for us, and she delivered STANDING UP (new mom) a few days after I got there. Also, if you dare touch their hair on their stomach the day before they deliver, as they are starting to get the pains, they will let you know, Do NOT come near my stomach with a hand, a brush, nothing. In other words, leave me alone! LOL
  • I just want to point something out. If the baby is a bay or whatever color there is NO guarantee he won't shed out into something else entirely. So even if the baby were the baby today (example not saying) we might know for several months.
  • Hope it takes after Dad. Think dappled grey folks! They are breathtakingly beautiful, but if only they would stay that way! Also, isn't Vert. getting up in age? I'm wondering if this is why they finally bred her back to Z's sire. I hope they make this her last, for safety reasons and V has done MORE than her share to add to history I think! :)
    V was foaled in 1995, so she is 18. She is probably nearing the end of her breeding career.
  • So excited!
  • There is a very nice article on Bloodhorse about Tapit...I found the link down by the 'Breeding' section.