HONOR CODE

Comments

• Just watched replay. Honor Code was awesome.
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    I really really like this horse. I remember watching his first race at Saratoga and thinking, "Wow!" Hope he stays sound and continues that breathtaking from last to first move!
  • He was my early pick for last year. Still love this boy!
    Same here! It was so hard to see him get injured and taken on the Derby trail.
  • why is he under the "tb breeding" section?
    Maybe because Lane's End owns him? I don't really know. :) It makes his thread hard to find sometimes.

• KMMKMM Member
    Don't think it was track record. At least Blood horse did not mention it.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Watch out for this boy from now on....he is back and should just keep on going...
    I think you`re right, a player in any race coming up. I bought a true north/met mile ticket and was hoping for the longer price. Thought I was dead when Bayern faded and was elated to see HC blow by the Field. It was a wow moment.
    Just a thought...the BC classic may be one for the ages.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Tincup....i was thinking the same thing....the Classic this yr is going to be a doozie
  • KMMKMM Member
    If ever body stays sound.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    If ever body stays sound.
    Agreed
  • Anyone know if HC will race in the Classic or the Breeder's Cup mile? His win in the Met Mile gives him an automatic spot in the BC Mile.
  • tincuptincup Member
    Some have been saying his best efforts are one at one turn. Jay privman for one. That would put the mile and a quarter out of his comfort zone. After that met mile he sure looked like he could have gone on. Maybe he just has trouble in turns? Plenty of races before November to find out.
  • I'll be interested to see what Shug decides as far as the plan for the rest of the year. I know he's been targeting the Whitney, and 2 months off between races certainly isn't atypical for Honor Code, unfortunately for those of us who wish we could see more of him! The Met Mile win gives him the automatic entry into the BC Dirt Mile, which would seem more logical, but I so hope they stretch him out and go to the Classic. Unfortunately, other than the Suburban I didn't see any graded stakes at a mile and a quarter between now and the Classic, and Shug has already said he won't wheel him back AND stretch him out for a race that's only 4 weeks away. The Belmont Sprint Championship could be a possibility on that same day, but he'd be cutting back to 7f. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see him train up til the Whitney, then maybe either the Woodward at Saratoga a month later or the PA Derby in mid-September (both at 1 1/8 mile), then a decision on whether to go for the Dirt Mile or Classic
  • tincuptincup Member
    I wonder what anyone thinks of the Pacific classic at del Mar. With the best of the older in the west in a state of flux maybe some eastern power could fill the void.
  • Somehow I don't see HC shipping west, but that's solely my opinion. For as few races as he runs, and the affinity he has shown especially for the NY tracks, I imagine he'll stick around the east coast. If the BC was still out in Cali this year, then it might be a different story. But you're right, there is definitely a power vacuum right now with Shared Belief recovering and Cali Chrome overseas
  • Shug weighs options for Honor Code
    http://live.drf.com/nuggets/16342
  • KMMKMM Member
    He seems to showing affinity for the mile. I would keep him there. Milers are great horses. Look at Goldikova. But should not wait so long between races. But hey I am not calling the shots.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Quite the article I think in Blood horse talking about his stellar breeding and potential as a sire after this win.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Evidently Met Mile is the race to win for future stud duty.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Article was in Paulick Report. My mistake. K
  • The article KMM is referring to:
    http://www.paulickreport.com/features/pin-oak-stud-presents-bloodlines/bloodlines-things-setting-up-well-for-honor-codes-future

He's always had the pedigree to be extremely attractive at stud, but the Met win definitely seals the deal as far as him being assured of the best mares
  • tincuptincup Member
    Very good article. Thanks for sharing...
  • Both Honor Code and American Pharoah give me chills. Hope they both are successful in their next career when the time comes.
  • http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/92537/honor-code-to-target-whitney-handicap

Pretty much as expected, Honor Code will train up to the Whitney and Shug will use his performance there to gauge whether to press on at longer distances/2 turns or cut back to 1 turn and target the BC Dirt Mile
  • tincuptincup Member
    A vision is working itself clear. Honor code wins the Whitney and starts working towards the jockey club. Chrome gets home in time to smash it in Arlington heights and the pharo takes time off the parade tour to win the Pacific classic. They all meet in the cup classic at keeneland in October.
  • It would be amazing to see a clash of the titans like that :-) Too bad Shared Belief won't make it back this year. Crazy to think though that those big 3 could just as easily end up in 3 different BC races (Classic, Turf, and Dirt Mile)