Breaking News

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    edited March 2014
    SW/G1-placed Queen Of Hearts is the first Northern Hemisphere mare scanned in-foal to #AnimalKingdom @TeamValor, @ArrowfieldStud @rgullatt
  • He is getting some real good mares

Spice Island, dam of G1W Ice Box, was bred to #AnimalKingdom yesterday at Darley in America @TeamValor @ArrowfieldStud
  • I have always loved Animal Kingdom. He was my derby horse, #16. I can't wait to his babies next year. : )
  • Jay Hovdey: Santa Anita Handicap reclaims its glorious past: http://www.drf.com/news/jay-hovdey-santa-anita-handicap-reclaims-its-glorious-past
  • KetaKeta Member
    50 to 1 the movie tweet Friday March 7 2014
    Get ready for #Skeet Ulrich #Christian Kane01 #Todd Lowe & the real #Chip Woolley
    in #50 to 1 the movie starting 3/21 in NM
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ameema Johnson ‏tweet Friday March 7 2014
    It's National Unplugging Day! And as I'm tweeting this, I'm asking,
    could go you 24 hours without your phone/computer/tablet?
    it starts at sundown tonight and goes thru sundown Saturday

• Good racing this weekend! Thanks for the link to the article by Jay Hovdey, it was great to see the race between Alysheba and Ferdinand.
    @ Keta, I don't think I could go without my phone, and I don't know about going without the computer for 24 hours either, but I've done it when we go out of town and have no wifi - lol!
  • I could handle being in 'unplugged' mode, but I'd have to pick the day. :)))
  • KetaKeta Member
    Cheltenham Festival ‏tweet on Friday March 7, 2014
    St Nicholas Abbey is to be honoured at Epsom this year by having
    the Investec Coronation Cup named after him.
    He won the race three times!
  • KetaKeta Member
    2014 Hall of Fame announced
    March 7, 2014
    Four jockeys, four Thoroughbreds and two trainers comprise the 10 finalists on the National Museum of Racing’s 2014 Hall of Fame ballot, as selected by the Hall of Fame Nominating Committee. The candidates are: jockeys Chris Antley, Garrett Gomez, Craig Perret and Alex Solis; Thoroughbreds Ashado, Curlin, Kona Gold and Xtra Heat; and trainers Steve Asmussen and Gary Jones.
    Curlin, Kona Gold and Asmussen are finalists for the first time. Hall of Fame voters may select as many candidates as they believe are worthy of induction to the Hall of Fame. The four candidates with the highest vote totals will be elected.
    http://www.racingmuseum.org/news/news.asp?varID=364
  • Ameema Johnson ‏tweet Friday March 7 2014
    It's National Unplugging Day! And as I'm tweeting this, I'm asking,
    could go you 24 hours without your phone/computer/tablet?
    it starts at sundown tonight and goes thru sundown Saturday

I can admit that I would have a terrible time unplugging! I need to, but I'm way too addicted. In fact, it's a problem and the reason nothing gets done around here. Maybe I need help? I'll think about it tomorrow while I waste more time online. LOL

• I'm with you 150%, Louise. I think it must be worse around here because I don't have anyone else to nag me to get things done. My stomach tries to nag me to get up from the computer and get something to eat, but I usually ignore it. Could not go without my computer, although I have done. We all used to do it if we are older than computers.
  • Did you see the new photo of Zenyatta on Facebook?

Louise from Lane's End shows Zenyatta artwork made for her by school children.
  • VA_in_CA, For the past three years, my husband has been having to spend a lot of time on the road and that is when I really got addicted. We just found out that he is getting a promotion and will NOT be traveling much anymore. It is great news; however, I may have to actually do more during the day. I'll resort to doing more late at night and may have to start cooking for him during the day. LOL I'll be hiding how much I'm online by doing it late (just like someone hiding their drinking, etc.) so he doesn't notice how much time I waste. So I guess I am truly an addict. Ha! Who cares? Not me.
  • Did everyone notice the Zenyatta website has changed some? Be sure to go to the home page, if you haven't, and click on the heart to show Zenyatta some love! You don't have to be on facebook or anything else to do it.
  • BRUJO DE OLLEROS will scratch from Saturday's Gulfstream Handicap (rail post) and ship to Oaklawn Park instead for the Razorback Handicap on March 15. Joel Rosario has accepted the mount.
  • Did you see the new photo of Zenyatta on Facebook?

Louise from Lane's End shows Zenyatta artwork made for her by school children.
    And the teacher of the class is "our" own Shari Voltz who has posted on Z's site for as long as it has been around. Ms. Voltz even started an Equine Club at her school and showed the students the the video of Cozmic One. She had the club sing Happy Birthday to Coz since his Birthday is March 8. She has his birth announcement poster framed and hanging in her living room.

Wouldn't we all have loved having a teacher like Ms. Voltz?

• Awww, that is so sweet! And Z is really looking closely at them, too. I bet she is trying to pick her favorite one.
  • Her eyes are definitely looking at the pages.
  • Inside Track - Santa Anita Handicap:
  • Today in Horse Racing History -March 08, 2012: Zenyatta, 2010 Horse of the Year, gave birth to her first foal, a bay colt by Bernardini, at Lane’s End Farm in Versailles, Ky.
    American Champion Older Female Horse (2008, 2009, 2010)
    American Horse of the Year (2010)
    SI – Top 10 Female Race Horses of All Time (2010)
    https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1920234_10153874020665274_610420514_n.jpg